What is Food Provenance
It’s as easy as knowing where your food comes from; its point of origin, where it is grown, raised or reared and by whom.
Our philosophy at Mary Valley Views B+B is to provide quality fresh local ingredients to our guests. Just as important is supporting our local farmers and growers.
Many producers, providers and growers of this region gather under the banner Gympie Gold Regional Produce and are supported by the region’s food ambassador and Chef – Matt Golinski. Mary Valley Views B+B is proud to be a member of Gympie Gold Regional Produce and we choose to support other members where possible.
Dining at Mary Valley Views
We provide a variety of food and beverage options. A cooked breakfast is included in your tariff but what are you going to eat for lunch or dinner? Imagine relaxing on the veranda, a glass of wine or an icy cold beer in hand, while watching the last of the sun’s rays and evening colours wash over the Mary Valley spread out before you. Enjoy the antics of the visiting wallabies or start counting the stars as they appear while your meal is prepared and served to you. At Mary Valley Views B+B a set menu is prepared from fresh, local and seasonal produce. With a maximum of four guests at any one time, the set menu has one selection per course. You can choose one, two or three course meals. We vary our menus and consider guests’ tastes or preferences in their preparation. Let us know when booking or at least 24 hours before your arrival if you wish to dine in, have a menu preference or special dietary requirement. A selection of boutique wines and speciality beers and non-alcoholic beverages is available for sale. To start you thinking, click here for our MVV Daily Menu & Price List.
We can provide a picnic hamper to take while your are out exploring less civilised places. Everything you’ll need for a picnic in your special location will be included. We even include the rug to sit on! Let us know when you book if this option interests you so we can prepare a hamper and price that best suits you.
Other Dining Options
There is a great selection of country pubs in our region and they all provide good tucker. When you are out an about you’ll also come across a few cafes and bakeries. You could even drop by a winery for lunch. Here are a few suggestions in Imbil and nearby –
- One 2 One has great coffee and home made delights
- Imbil Town and Country Bakery for divine bake-house treats
- Drop in or better yet, let us make the booking for you, at the The Green Bowl Edifice at the Imbil Bowls Club
- The Rattler Cafe has dine in or take away options and Railway Hotel at Imbil provides pub grub
- The new Kandanga Hotel provides air conditioned dining from Wednesday lunch through to Sunday lunch
- Kandanga Kitchen at Kandanga Farm Store offers, in their words, “a simple menu”. Great food and farm views
- Kenilworth Hotel and Kenilworth Country Baker
- Hinterland Feijoas at Belli Park is a great farm shop to visit but only open Saturdays from 9 till 3 for coffee, cake and light lunches
- Enter the world of berries at Cooloola Berries at Woolvi
- Dingo Creek Vineyard at Traveston is open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11 till 5 for lunch and a bevvie
- Pubs and Clubs in both Gympie and Cooroy are only 30 minutes away