For the not so adventurous, take the time to reconnect with your loved one or simply relax and enjoy time away from the hustle and bustle of your busy world. At Mary Valley Views B+B there is an extensive library of books, magazines, CDs and DVDs you are welcome to enjoy during your stay.
Our library contains information on some of the wildlife species seen on the property including wallaby, echidna, kookaburra, magpie, butcherbird, king parrot, pale headed lorikeet and rosellas to name just a few.
Why not just stare at the stars………… literally! If you need one, an informative star chart could help you identify some constellations but when in the country, no one needs help finding the Milky Way.
When the weather is warmer, some of our visitors choose to lounge beside the in ground salt water swimming pool. You are also welcome to wander around the property enjoying the rural views and the ever changing gardens.
Nearby activities include:
- Listen to the bellbirds at Bellbird Park along Diggings Road. Travel a little further to Brooloo village – the last village on the old Gympie rail line.
- Consider a Yabba Creek kayak experience Download E Brochure.
- Visit Imbil Lookout for a different perspective of the Valley
- Explore the historic railway bridge and station in the centre of town
- Learn about local history at Timberman’s Walk or Imbil Railway Station
Many opportunities to explore are just a short scenic drive away:
- Borumba Dam and Yabba Creek for swimming, fishing, water skiing and kayaking
- Imbil, Kenilworth and Amamoor State Forests and Conondale National Park for sightseeing, bushwalking, horse riding, cycling or four-wheel driving
- Cafes and country pubs at Imbil, Kandanga and Kenilworth
- Check out the markets (Dagun Growers Markets, Imbil Markets, Gympie Markets, Yandina Markets, Noosa Farmers Market, Eumundi Markets
- Visit an art gallery (Gympie regional gallery, Art at Amamoor Lodge, Lasting Impressions at Kenilworth, Butter Factory Arts Centre at Cooroy)
- Explore the Food Trails (Gympie Gold Regional Produce, Mary Valley Flavours and Seasons of the Sun)
At Mary Valley Views B+B we can provide a variety of food and beverage options during your stay. A full cooked breakfast is included in your tariff but what are you going to eat for dinner? Well, imagine sitting back and relaxing on the veranda, a glass of wine or an icy cold beer in hand, while you’re watching the last of the sun’s rays and the evening colours wash over the Mary Valley spread out below.
Start counting the stars as they emerge while Leanne and Les prepare and serve you a home cooked country-style meal from our daily fixed menu sourced from local fresh, local, seasonal produce. Where possible we try to vary our fixed daily menu to suit guests’ tastes or preferences. To ensure the freshest ingredients let us know when booking or within 24 hours of your arrival if you wish to dine in, have a menu preference or special dietary requirement. To start you thinking, click here for our MVV Daily Menu & Price List.